Many claims fall under this category. Broadly this type of claim covers injuries sustained in a public place such as at a park, on a footpath, at a shopping centre, theme park, movies, resort, restaurant or club. If you have been injured in a public place it may be as a result of the negligence of the owner or occupier and this can result in a claim.
Common public liability claims include:
- Slips and falls in public places such as parks, schools, public venues and council grounds
- Slips and falls in shopping centres, restaurants, food courts, bars, night clubs
- Accidents occurring at your own (or others) rental premises
- Accidents occurring at other people’s homes
- Accidents occurring whilst on holidays or at holiday resorts
- Injuries caused by slippery surfaces such as in shopping centres, on stairs, in bars and night clubs, restaurants etc.
- Slips and falls on footpaths, walkways and carparks.
- Injuries occurring whilst undertaking recreational activities such as horse riding, sports, water sports etc.
- Injuries caused by the criminal acts of third parties. For example an assault occasioned by a bouncer or security guard at a bar or nightclub, an assault occasioned by a police officer, or an assault occasioned by a patron of a restaurant, bar or nightclub.
Damages can be claimed in public liability claims under the following categories:
- Pain and Suffering (non-economic loss)
- Economic Loss, including loss of wages (past and future)
- Loss of Superannuation benefits
- Treatment expenses (past and future)
- Domestic assistance, including assistance provided gratuitously (past and future)
- Home modifications
- Aides and Equipment
- Funds Management
At Sydney Compensation Specialists we have experience in dealing with all manner of public liability claims. There is no claim too big, too small or too difficult. Public liability claims by their nature are often difficult, however we look forward to discussing the specifics of your claim with you.
If you have been injured as a result of the negligence of someone else please call us to discuss whether you have a viable claim.